Woolf exists to increase access to world-class higher education and ensure that it is globally recognized and transferable. We promote academic excellence and guard values that are humane, democratic and international.
Woolf is an accredited higher education institution dedicated to academic excellence. Faculty members drawn from the world’s leading universities. Woolf offerings are currently recognized in both Europe and the United States.
Woolf is a collegiate higher education institution, modelled on the universities of London and Oxford. All Woolf colleges adhere to the same Quality Assurance Policy; all Woolf colleges meet the same standards of excellence; all Woolf colleges use Woolf’s Accreditation Management System as the sole source of truth about the compliance and status of their programmes. All Faculty members in all colleges are equally members of the Woolf Faculty Council.
Specific degree programs are accredited via the legal entities designated below, but all programs offered through Woolf meet the same rigorous standards of quality assurance managed through Woolf’s software platform, the Accreditation Management System (AMS).
Woolf University is a registered and trademarked entity with the following:
- The United States Patent and Trademark Office United States (USPTO)
- The European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO)
- Intellectual Property India (IPIndia)
Woolf University affiliate subsidiaries are legally separate entities, which are individually accredited at the institutional and/or program level in their relevant jurisdictions while sharing a unified Quality Assurance Policy. For clarity, parenthetical designators are added after the name “Woolf” to indicate the relevant jurisdiction or region.
As of September 2019, Malta Further and Higher Education Authority (MFHEA) (previously the National Commission for Further and Higher Education (NCFHE)) has licensed Woolf as a Higher Education Institution with license number 2019-015. This license is recognized within the European Qualifications Framework (EQF) and allows for transportability of higher education credits and degrees within the European Union. Malta is a member of the Bologna Process and the European Higher Education Area (EHEA). Programs with ECTS accreditation via Woolf are specifically designated as such. In Europe, Woolf is a Higher Education Institution and is not licensed as a “university,” which is a specially reserved term. As a licenced Higher Education Institution, Woolf is able to offer bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees with the same status as issued by a “university.”
More information about Woolf and Higher Education in Europe:
- Woolf's public Policy of Quality Assurance;
- MFHEA List of Higher Education Institutions, showing Woolf;
- MFHEA/NCFHE List of Woolf programmes (list tends to lag by at least 1 year);
- Bologna Process – EHEA;
- ENIC-NARIC Home Page;
- ENIC-NARIC Higher Education Institution;
- MFHEA licensing conditions.
The Registrar’s office for Woolf (MT) is located at 66, Old Theatre, Valletta VLT 1454, Malta.
In Switzerland, Woolf is a private degree-granting Higher Education Institution based in the Canton of Aargau. Woolf offers degrees at both the undergraduate and graduate level. Woolf is in discussion about potential further national accreditation approvals from the Swiss Accreditation Council via the Swiss Agency of Accreditation and Quality Assurance (AAQ).
More information about Woolf and Higher Education in Switzerland:
- Hochschulförderungs- und -koordinationsgesetz, HFKG;
- Akkreditierungsverordnung HFKG.
- Woolf’s Quality Assurance Policy (CH)
The Registrar’s office for Woolf (CH) is located at Täfernstrasse 16, 5405 Baden-Dättwil, Switzerland.
Woolf (MT) has been evaluated by non-profit, independent evaluators for purposes of academic equivalence and for Canadian immigration and citizenship. Comparative Education Services is part of the University of Toronto and is an authorized evaluation service for the Canadian government. CES reached the conclusion that a Woolf degree to be “from a recognized university” and CES accepted a Woolf master’s degree for purposes of immigration and citizenship.
Woolf (MT) has been evaluated by non-profit, independent evaluators, and its programs have been deemed equivalent to US Regional accreditation for academic purposes.
- The institutional status of Woolf (MT) has been evaluated to be “Equivalent to US Regional Academic Accreditation.”
- Program and credit evaluations of a Woolf graduate degree conducted by ECE determined that a “student will have the United States equivalent of a master’s degree recognition.”
- As ECE states: “Colleges, universities, employers, licensing boards, and governments use these academic assessments to evaluate foreign education as part of the admission, hiring, or licensure process. We pride ourselves on the quality, thoroughness, and integrity of our educational credential evaluations.”
- FIS deemed a master’s degree from Woolf to be equivalent to one “from a regionally accredited institution in the United States”.
Woolf University (WI)
- Woolf University is incorporated and officially approved in the State of Wisconsin under Wis. Stats. § 440.52 (10)(a), with approval granted on August 15th, 2022 under the Educational Approval Program of the Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services, which is the body providing state licensure for universities.
- Woolf University is publicly listed by the State of Wisconsin here.
The Registrar’s office for Woolf (MT) is located at 4650 W. Spencer Street, Suite L, Appleton, WI, 54914, USA.
Woolf University (MO)
- Woolf University is incorporated in Missouri, US.
For further inquiries, please contact: email@example.com
The registrar’s office for each specific degree program is handled by the institutions listed above. Archival storage of transcripts is handled separately in each jurisdiction. General queries, including transcript requests, can be made at the following and will be rerouted to the appropriate institution and of contact.
- Digitally verified transcripts and certificates. Students can share a verification link for their transcripts and degree certificates. Learn more here.
- Physical transcripts. For transcript requests, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or the Senior Director of Compliance and Accreditation, Josh Sweet at email@example.com
- Woolf, 548 Market St, San Francisco, California 94104, USA.