Woolf exists to increase access to world-class higher education and ensure that it is globally recognized and transferable. We promote academic excellence and guard values that are humane, democratic and international.
Woolf is an accredited higher education institution with faculty members drawn from the world’s leading universities. Woolf offerings are currently recognized in both Europe and the United States.
Specific degree programs are accredited via the legal entities designated below, but all programs offered through Woolf meet the same rigorous standards of quality assurance managed through Woolf’s software platform, the Accreditation Management System (AMS).
Woolf University is a USPTO (United States) and EUIPO (European Union) registered and trademarked entity. Woolf University affiliate subsidiaries are legally separate entities, which are individually accredited at the institutional and/or program level in their relevant jurisdictions while sharing a unified Quality Assurance Policy. For clarity, parenthetical designators are added after the name “Woolf” to indicate the relevant jurisdiction or region.
As of September 2019, Malta Further and Higher Education Authority (MFHEA) (previously the National Commission for Further and Higher Education (NCFHE)) has licensed Woolf as a Higher Education Institution with license number 2019-015. This license is recognized within the European Qualifications Framework (EQF) and allows for transportability of higher education credits and degrees within the European Union. Malta is a member of the Bologna Process and the European Higher Education Area (EHEA). Programs with ECTS accreditation via Woolf are specifically designated as such. In Europe, Woolf is a Higher Education Institution and is not licensed as a “university,” which is a specially reserved term. As a licenced Higher Education Institution, Woolf is able to offer bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees with the same status as issued by a “university.”
More information about Woolf and Higher Education in Europe:
- Woolf's public Policy of Quality Assurance
- MFHEA/NCFHE List of Higher Education Institutions, showing Woolf
- MFHEA/NCFHE List of Woolf programmes (list tends to lag by at least 1 year)
- Bologna Process – EHEA
- ENIC-NARIC Home Page
- ENIC-NARIC Higher Education Institution
In Switzerland, Woolf is a private degree-granting Higher Education Institution based in the Canton of Aargau. Woolf offers degrees at both the undergraduate and graduate level. Woolf is in discussion about potential further national accreditation approvals from the Swiss Accreditation Council via the Swiss Agency of Accreditation and Quality Assurance (AAQ).
More information about Woolf and Higher Education in Switzerland
- The institutional status of Woolf (MT) has been evaluated to be “Equivalent to US Regional Academic Accreditation”
- Program and credit evaluations of a Woolf graduate degree conducted by ECE determined that a “student will have the United States equivalent of a master’s degree recognition.”
- As ECE states:
Colleges, universities, employers, licensing boards, and governments use these academic assessments to evaluate foreign education as part of the admission, hiring, or licensure process. We pride ourselves on the quality, thoroughness, and integrity of our educational credential evaluations.
The education provided by Woolf (MT) is certified by the MFHEA as fulfilling the 2015 European Standards and Guidelines for Quality Assurance, which are consistent with the principles for quality outlined by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA)’s International Quality Group. CHEA is a United States association which advocates for academic quality in accreditation and is a U.S. based organization focused exclusively on higher education accreditation and quality assurance.
Woolf University (WI)
- Woolf University is incorporated in Wisconsin, US.
Woolf University (MO)
- Woolf University is incorporated in Missouri, US.
For further inquiries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registrar’s Central Office
The registrar’s central office is the first point of contact for all transcript requests related to all Woolf legal entities (which individually handle jurisdictionally specific archival storage). The office is located at Woolf, 548 Market St, San Francisco, California 94104, USA.
- Digitally verified transcripts and certificates. Students can share a verification link for their transcripts and degree certificates. Learn more here.
- Physical transcripts. For transcript requests, please contact email@example.com or the Senior Director of Compliance and Accreditation, Josh Sweet at firstname.lastname@example.org